Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 13 January 2013

20 From ,79 (12) The Ruts Acton Town Hall, London 12th April 1979



Here's a shortish set from a gig the Ruts played in West London. Unfortunately, the quality is not so hot on this one, but it is notable for the inclusion in the set of an early rarity in the form of 'Fanatical Fascists'. I have a clearer demo of this song which I will post in the near future.

'Oi Segs...... NF skins 2 miles east up the Uxbridge Road!'

This gig took place two days before a massive Rock Against Racism and Anti-Nazi League festival at Ally Pally in which The Ruts participated along with other like minded bands including SLF and the Tom Robinson Band (TRB). I'd be interested to hear from anyone with first hand experience of any of the big RAR events.


FLAC: http://rapidshare.com/files/4049645685/therutsactontownhall120479FLAC.zip

MP3: http://rapidshare.com/files/2826150823/therutsactontownhall120479MP3.zip

Artwork: http://rapidshare.com/files/2847846276/therutsactontownhall120479AW.zip

01. Savage Circle
02. I Ain't Sophisticated
03. H-Eyes
04. Stepping Bondage
05. S.U.S.
06. Criminal Mind
07. Dope For Guns
08. Something That I Said
09. It Was Cold
10. Fanatical Fascists
11. Give Youth A Chance
12. In A Rut
13. Out Of Order
14. Babylon's Burning

2 comments:

  1. I would love to hear that demo of The Ruts...that would be fantastic! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fanatical Fascists was originally a Gary Moore song can be found on Back on the Streets (1978)

    ReplyDelete