Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Tuesday 8 October 2013

Culture Shock On Tour In 2013!

 


Following on from a recent Subhumans post, I was very exited to hear the news that Dick Lucas's post Subhumans band, Culture Shock have reformed for gigs. Details can be found here.

Somehow I missed Culture Shock the first time around. It was only at the point when they announced that they were splitting and playing their final gig at the Fulham Greyhound on 2nd December 1989 that I became determined to see them, but alas it just wasn't meant to be!

Such was the interest in seeing the band at this final gig that the crowd control outside the venue broke down and a riot ensued. The police pulled the plug at hundreds of disappointed punks drifted away, not so quietly. I saw no band that evening, as I didn't even make it inside the venue, although RDF did make it to the stage for a few minutes before the doors were stormed and the gig cancelled.


Report of the Culture Shock Riot Gig
Sounds December 1989
 
Sadly, attempts to get to their actual last gig were also fruitless (St Mary's College it was in the end if I recall correctly). Hopefully, there will be no repeat problems when they play in London with The Mob on 19th October.
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment