Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 12 October 2014

Highline Ballroom New York 3rd June 2013


Great gig, great location and a privilege to have been there for it. The back of my bald head can be seen on the left!

MP3 (as received): http://we.tl/KptIp2KukA

Artwork: http://we.tl/yTRadw9sPv


Waltzinblack
Toiler on the Sea
Goodbye Toulouse
(Get A) Grip (On Yourself)
Norfolk Coast
Nuclear Device (The Wizard of Aus)
Freedom Is Insane
Mercury Rising
Peaches
Relentless
Golden Brown
Skin Deep
Always the Sun
Walk on By
Burning Up Time
Nice 'N' Sleazy
Bring on the Nubiles
Who Wants the World?
Time Was Once on My Side
Duchess
No More Heroes
Five Minutes
Straighten Out
Hanging Around
Tank

1 comment:

  1. That Hugh certainly lost the old locks dude, a real chrome dome man, cool though.

    ReplyDelete