Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 11 October 2015

Hugh Cornwell MTC Cologne 20th September 2015


Ok folks, here's a recent offering from Hugh, here playing in the fine city of Cologne last month. Many thanks are due to the original taper for sharing with this site!

FLAC: http://we.tl/ua5EPMdcvw

01. One Burning Desire
02. Leave Me Alone
03. Hot Cat On A Tin Roof
04. Break Of Dawn
05. Getting Involved
06. Under Her Spell
07. Beat Of My Heart
08. Lay Back On Me Pal
09. First Bus To Babylon
10. Please Don't Put Me On A Slow Boat To Trowbridge
11. Long Dead Train

01. Nice 'N' Sleazy
02. Skin Deep
03. Dagenham Dave
04. Duchess
05. Strange Little Girl
06. Golden Brown
07. Goodbye Toulouse
08. Nuclear evice
09. Hanging Around
10. Always The Sun
11. I Want One Of Those
12. Tank
13. Straighten Out
14. No More Heroes

3 comments:

  1. Cheers Ade - this looks very interesting. I wish Hugh would get a move on and do a Black and White tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Adrian,and of course the taper for sharing

    ReplyDelete