Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Saturday 28 May 2016

The Damned 10th Anniversary Tea Party Finsbury Park London 26th July 1986


My first opportunity to see The Damned was at their 10th anniversary bash in North London. I missed out on seeing them on the Phantasmagoria tour, or 'Big Tour' as it was also known, if my memory still serves me I had my biology 'O' Level the morning after. No appearance from the then departed Captain at this one, he showed up and took the abuse the following day.

FLAC: https://we.tl/ykz8DYBSE8

01. Plan 9 Channel 7
02. Anything
03. Neat Neat Neat
04. Stranger On The Town
05. Is It A Dream?
06. The Girl Goes Down
07. Wait For The Blackout
08. Limit Club
09. I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night
10. Restless

01. The Shadow Of Love
02. Eloise
03. Street Of Dreams
04. L.A. Woman
05. Smash It Up
06. Love Song
07. Dr Jeckyl And Mr Hyde
08. New Rose
09. Lust For Life

1 comment:

  1. I was supposed to go to this gig , but went on the Sunday instead ,support bands were great and the Captain made an appearance as well!! got it on tape somewhere..!

    ReplyDelete