Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Saturday 23 July 2016

Adam Ant Shepherds Bush Empire 22nd March 1995


Following on from my Dave Barbarossa plug, I thought that I would put this up. In 1995 Adam announced a tour to promote his then new album 'Wonderful', these were the first shows in the UK for some considerable time. I don't think that I would be courting controversy if I said that at this time Adam was a little flaky. After a handful of dates, the remainder of the tour was cancelled with Adam citing exhaustion as the reason. I went to one of the Shepherds Bush dates, could have been this one or the one on the following night, I don't recall and I can't locate the ticket stub.

This excellent quality recording must have come from Dime as the set is not complete with live those tracks that appeared as part of the 'Gotta Be A Sin' CD singles are cut (in accordance with Dime policy). It's a shame as among those tracks are some of the best that the original Ants recorded. The omitted tracks are:

Cleopatra
Beat My Guest
Red Scab
Desperate But Not Serious
Car Trouble
Physical

Nevertheless, on the surviving set there are some early classics such as Kick! Christian D'ior and Never Trust A Man (With Egg On His Face) plus a handful of Kings tracks.

FLAC: https://we.tl/kJCmmys2bJ
Artwork: https://we.tl/9xg9J7nq7H

01. Wonderful
02. Alien
03. Vive Le Rock
04. Never Trust A Man (With Egg On His Face)
05. Gotta Be A Sin
06. Beautiful Dream
07. Room At The Top
08. Man Called Marco
09. Kings Of The Wild Frontier

01. Stand & Deliver
02. Vampires
03. Ants Invasion
04. Killer In The Home
05. Ant Music
06. Audience
07. Goody Two Shoes
08. Kick!
09. Band Introduction
10. Christian D'ior
11.20th Century Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment