Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Saturday 4 February 2017

Hugh Cornwell and Dr John Cooper Clarke O2 Institute Birmingham 1st December 2016


Ok, for the record, the quirky tour of 2016. Courtesy of Evil_Teacup I give you Hugh and (the other) Dr. John somewhere in the Midlands. Many thanks!

FLAC: https://we.tl/JpomZ89T1b

01. It's Only Make Believe
02. Way Down Yonder in New Orleans
03. Spanish Harlem
04. Johnny Remember Me
05. MacArthur Park
06. She's a Woman
07. Donna
08. Jezebel
09. Love Potion No. 9
10. Sweeter Than You

Hugh Cornwell Orchestra (Dr. John had gone for a fag)
11. Black Hair Black Eyes Black Suit
12. Nice 'N' Sleazy
13. Stuck In Daily Mail Land
14. Walk On By

Dr. John back again:
15. I Wanna Be Yours
16. 36 Hours
17. No More Heroes
18. Grip

No comments:

Post a Comment